Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tour Day Twenty Six: The Last Waltz

So I'd like to think of the tour ending like one of my favorite tv shows getting canceled after the first season. It sucks, cause once you really start getting into the show, it's over. This one didn't have an unresolved cliffhanger, there were no unanswered questions, Reggie and The Full Effect played their last show Sept 14th at the TLA in Philly.

It was possibly the best show I have ever been to in my 29 years. I sincerely hope that it doesn't end up on youtube because if you weren't there then you just missed it. No three minute clip could really convey the spirit of the night. I remember going to shows as a kid and seeing and hearing things that made me feel like I was a part of something, like something bigger than me was unfolding right before my eyes. I had that feeling at the TLA, and I was thrilled to be there.

Now I'm back home again. I'm exhausted, but happy to be here. I'd like to say thank you to Jen for being amazing and working pretty much all my shifts so I could go on this tour. Chris for being a fantastic boss and a great friend (I'll always "follow that dream"). George for being the Goodliest Buddy what ever was, the better half of the worlds greatest songwriting duo, and convincing me to write a little every day. Johnny, Lauren, and Diane for the camera. And You. You know why, so thanks.

If you are reading this, don't leave any comments. I appreciate them all but this is it for awhile. And if you are on the fence about going to see a band play, whether they be your favorite or a friends, always go, you never know what you might miss out on by staying home.

J 9-18-07

No comments: