Friday, March 20, 2009

All I want for Christmas....

The other day I was elated to find that "Pure Rock Scurvy" is available on Rhapsody.

This is weeks before it'll be up on itunes, and some days before we'll have the physical cd's in our hands. As excited as this made me, it brought me back to a Christmas Eve long ago where I as a child was allowed to open one present early.

I scurried to the pile of gifts under the tree, my greedy fingers clawing at each and every one until in an odd moment of clarity I chose my victim. The box was smaller than the rest but nonetheless was at long last mine for the taking. I began to shred the layers of paper off the gift in the way a hungry bear would attack a rabbit who interrupted his hibernation. Lo and behold underneath the thin layers of paper was the Lion Leg of the Mighty Voltron!!!!! I was psyched to say the least, racing around outer space in my living room Lion in hand ready to thwart the forces of evil!!!

The world was truly my oyster until I had the realization that if the Coffin was dropped from the sky and the monster began to grow, I would be unable to form the mighty Voltron to combat it because, alas the rest of the Lions were buried beneath the tree until Christmas Morning.

This is in some ways how I feel about Pure Rock Scurvy. As great as it is that we've got it up on Rhapsody, I won't be able to completely enjoy it until it's reached it's full Rock potential. One day soon tho, we'll be able to join our Lions together and lead them to victory.

Until then I wait, and hope.


---HJM

No comments: