Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tour Day Eighteen: Denouement

So I had a great time in Chicago.  Even though I was sick, I still got to have lunch with an old friend and walk around the city a bit.  The last time I was in Chicago it was under less than ideal circumstances.  So this was refreshing.  For some reason Chicago seemed a lot more quiet than I remember it.  It was kinda nice.

Detroit was fantastic.  It's really rare that you find a place that really encompasses all the things you dig.  Pizza, Bowling, Punk Rock, and a second restaurant for fine dining.  I love to eat, I'm not totally shitty at bowling, and I live to play music. So on all fronts I left Detroit completely satisfied.

Pittsburgh is always fun.  It's surprisingly a lot busier than I remember.  Having always been here in winter, I guess I never got to experience the summertime party town aspect of the city.  I had fun at the Smiling Moose, beer was cheap there and they played old soul and reggae. Oh! and Thanks for the cough drops.

Once we hit NYC on Sunday, we're pretty much in the home stretch of this tour. As much as I miss everybody back home, I really wish it were longer.

No comments: